The Old Lifeboat House, Grade II, was built in 1884 at the end of East Terrace to house Walton’s first RNLI lifeboat, Honourable Artillery Company. Since 1984, it has been Walton’s Maritime Museum under the management of Frinton & Walton Heritage Trust.

Displays include: information on Walton’s past lifeboats and the men who sailed them; artefacts recording Walton’s colourful history as a seaside town and fossils representing the immense geological significance of this coast as a Special Site of Scientific Interest (SSSI). Walton Maritime Museum regularly holds special exhibitions.